Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoe Creek run - Friday, April 13th

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drake69

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Shoe Creek run - Friday, April 13th Reply with quote

Sandy and I got to hit the trail this Friday with Jonathan (1fox2go) and Berk9, Hoss (a new guy), and our trail leader Don, and it was a blast!!! Here's some pix of it all.

We disconnect pretty easily and make our first water crossing. All goes well and we proceed to our deeper crossing right before the open area. Hoss gets across the water and starts making his way up the rocky area and notices his exhaust is making WAY too much noise. We all stop and Hoss and Jonathan crawl up under his XJ...

...and find a broken exhaust pipe right after the cat. And that's after getting a Flowmaster installed a while back! rofl So, Hoss decided to remove his muffler and toss it in the back and run the rest of the trail like a Nascar driver. Mr. Green

Our trail guide Don and his YJ...

Berk9's rig...

...Fox's Wagoneer...

And Turtle, tailgunning as usual.

And here's the water crossing, not too shabby.

So, we continue on and take a few steep climbs and stuff, and then make our way to the Playground area with the two bumps and the rocks. Here is where I really got to test my locker and limited slip, which was on the bare rock slope. And it was awesome, making my way up it without any hesitation. Sweeet. Mr. Green

Don and Berk decided to take exceedingly harder lines up the rock slope, and both needed some winching to get off. Berk got a good run on the rock but then slipped sideways and nearly teetered over. After putting our heads together, it was decided that it would be better for the guide to winch him out, but Berk felt he needed a line on his rack to offset any chance of tipping. So I ran my rig down to the lower part of the rock and let out a length of winch line and strap.

A pic of Berk checking out the position of his XJ...

...and Jonathan giving the final go ahead to start pulling.

I let out line while Don pulled him across the rock and Berk feathering the gas until we had him off. We had to change angles once to give him a better line and keep him stable, but it was really cool running two lines like that. Fun stuff.

After some more flexing and climbing we finally made it to the Appalachian Trail at the top. The nice lineup of stones on either side made for a great flex shot for everyone. Here's mine and Hoss'es right behind me.

And Nessie, right there along the way... Finger

We made our way down the other side to Crabtree Falls and out for home, and the only carnage was a busted pipe from the catback. Not too bad. Very Happy

The others have more pix to post, and Jonathan will post them up soon. All-in-all a great day and a great bunch of guys to run with. Let me know when you plan on doing it again!!! thumbs dancing banana

p.s. - Definitely a successful test of the locker and slip. It'll take a little getting used to, but it does make that little bit of difference on the trail. Now all I need are some Truxes or Procomps and that 4.10 rear I've been looking for... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

EDIT: SOME NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT... Mr. Green

Last edited by Drake69 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:02 am; edited 3 times in total
berk9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hell yeah you got some good pics of my little predicament and it was good wheelin with ya. by the way the names berk not viper but no worries cus im worse with names than you are. and the trail leaders name was Don.

You going to Big Dogs?
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like to, but don't know enough about it, like where it's at and how much. Also, my fiance and I are gonna go see Larry the Cable Guy April 25th, so if it's around that time we might miss out. If you have any details, shott them to me in PM. Thanks man!!! thumbs

Still waiting for more pix!!! I know at least three cameras were there... Mr. Green

1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work sucks, berk is dumb, good pics, its 4:50 am I am in the process of uploading what I have, I gave hoss a flash drive to get me his pics that he took
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some that hoss took, when I get my drive back I will post more if he has more that I havent seen yet,

Hoss needs to lose the sway bars

A little 3 wheelin

Drakes Rig

Don takin the hard line

Cool Pic of Don

3 Flexin

we ran out of rocks for the whole group

Don while climbing the slick rock wall thing

Berks Junk

Berks Junk about to flop

thats all for now
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fox2go wrote:
Berks Junk about to flop

There you see my strap about to either rip off Berk's rack or my winch from the bumper. laugh

berk9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah there was no way in hell two people would have held me from goin over with some tiny little rope. glad as hell i asked for the winch since i couldnt get the seat belt on. [/quote]
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yea thats right, your saftey restraint was broken at the time, haha, you got any pics berk?
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that Chris Farley?

1fox2go wrote:
Hoss needs to lose the sway bars

1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha, I'll tell him you said that. Drake did that weld hold up?
Drake69

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, works great, and I tested it accidently when I scraped the branches near my driveway pretty good. Odds are good the metal will bend before that weld snaps. thanks

IBTJn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots guys! Looks like you had alot of fun, too.
Good conditions, company, and most of all spiritual encouragement with each other! rofl

spit
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats good glad i could help
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: