Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dana 35 rebuild

View previous topic :: View next topic  
94BGCherokee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Dana 35 rebuild Reply with quote

Ok so the other day I was 4x4 my jeep and I went through an area I didnt make it through and brought water up to my door handles. Heres the thing, my dana 35 has been having problems and now she is howling, I took the splines out and the spiders and sprayed everything with Brake Parts Cleaner, refilled it, and it seemed to not help at all. So I probably going to buy a dana 35 from the junkyard to replace it. My reasoning for this is, 1. I need to get it running ASAP, 2. I want to spend as little as possible, 3. If anyone has any other thourugh suggestions please help me ASAP THANK YOU ALL!!!!
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one from the junkyard could be perfectly fine , pull the shafts and inspect them for wear . i prefer a non-c clip 35 because its a better design , the c-clip is okay and yes i am running one but i have a non for a back up .

i am assuming the rest of your vehicle is screwed up ? the door handles is pretty high , what doesn't work? or should i say what does work ?
94BGCherokee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually everything works fine, my starter died yestarday, but m windows radio, speakers, power door locks, headlights all work perfect, for now, but i think theyll be ok, i got about a quart of water in the motor, flushed the motor with oil 2wice, is ok. Had to tear the interior out, any ideas on where to get some new carpet. ebay for 225 i found. Thanks a lot. BTW my axles do have ABS.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did everything look in the diff when you disassembled it? Were the spiders worn, pinion gear and ring look ok? Maybe it's something simple to replace instead of a whole axle swap.
c130herc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do get an axle out of a junk yard do not go with the D35. Look for Chrysler 8.25 unless you have ABS. You can also look for a D44 in the 87-89 XJs. Hard to find but I found one last time I was at the yard.
If there are several XJs with the 8.25 check the gearing to try to match your front axle gears, this will save you some money in regearing.
The 97-01 Chrysler 8.25 is 29 spline VS the 27 spine on earlier models but the 27 spline is still better than the D35 and there a direct bolt in. The 8.25 has a flat bottom on the housing and a rubber filler plug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: