Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Left turning signal and running light PROBLEM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whynddancer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Left turning signal and running light PROBLEM Reply with quote

ok here is a good one, my left turning signal/running light isnt lighting up all the way!!! plus the dummy light for the Left turning signal is staying on, i replaced the bulb and the socket(this is all in my flare on the left side), still the same waythis light isnt working w/ or w/out the lights on. a couple of weeks agao i didnt have turning signal and then one time a few days later i went to turn into the carport at work to park and then it starts working again, now mind you it was B4 i decided to re-do the stereo. hopefully this doesnt have anything to do w/ my stereo thing.

anyone have this problem ever? What do i do about it???[size=18][/size][size=7][/size][size=7][/size][size=7][/size]
Glowyrm

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always check grounds first. They might look good, but be crap in resistance. I spent a good long weekend tracing bad grounds on my 87 XJ. Evil or Very Mad
whynddancer

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bud woooooooooohoooooooooo, i figured it out!!!!!!!!!
last nighte had younger daughter look everything over when i turned stuff on.... i will never do that again!!
this a.m. i decided to go out and go over it again w/ my own eyes. turn the key on-turn L turning signal on/ no front turn signal, back and side light up. then i turn the lights on and the front lights up, back lights up, but not side....hmmmmmm ok, unscrew front and check bulb- ohhhh snap the damn thing is partially burnt!!!!!! ok go to local parts store get 3 of those so i have spares, unscrew front bulb piece, take out old bulb, put new bulb in........ I HAVE LEFT TURN again!!! i was hopin and praying last night it was simple, and it was. but last night i dint see it all for my self and should have. someone beat me for not teachin my younger daughter more about mechanical stuff.... next thing to teach em and also make sure they take shop in high school!!! i already taught them bout animals, hunting, fishing, ect.

i should remember the saying "if you want something done right, do it yourself" at times like these too funny
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: