Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very loud on bumps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
akjeeper

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Very loud on bumps Reply with quote

The other day I gave a friend of mine a ride and he pointed out to me that my cherokee was very loud over the bumps. Now, I am used to driving a 1986 suburban, so I never really noticed. But it really is. I own a 2001 cherokee sport with 91000 miles. Ive owned it only a few months so I am not all to familiar with it yet. After driving in my dads 01 silverado, i sure could tell that my cherokee was one loud little car. Nothing sounds out of the ordinary, it is just every time I hit a bump, even a small one, you can hear it loud and clear. Is this a normal thing for a cherokee? Is it just because of the solid axle and control arms being mounted right beneath your feet? Or do I have a problem? Thanks
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be the shocks. If they're the originals I would swap them either way! Cool
akjeeper

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: shocks are fairly new Reply with quote

They are not stock, ive got a 3 inch skyjacker lift on it and I just put new rancho springs in the back. The shocks are fairly new and seem to still do the job pretty well. They have a little rust on them but other than that they seem fine. I will check it out though, thanks.
dancerman

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the bushings throughout the suspension for any play or wear. Jeeps are a bit rough but loud noises could be a sign of a loose or worn component.
Drake69

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also own the Skyjacker kit, and the front coil springs and LCA's are stiffer than other kits. That being said, I get a harsher ride out of it but it really doesn't bother me. And I'm still running Skyjacker shocks to boot! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: