Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABS light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wan2live

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: ABS light Reply with quote

My ABS light has been on forever even after shoe, rotor and disc replacement so could this be another faulty sensor? There are no codes related to ABS.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id say.. if you dont wheel it that much than clean all for sensors and make sure they are attached and what not.. if you do go off roading than just pull the relays in the relay box and save yourself an off road accident do to no brakes off pavement.. not literally but if youve ever tried to stop real quick on gravel youd know there is no real quick... so i removed both the relays and wa la no more abs Very Happy
wan2live

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll clean the sensors I have never went off road with her so it is probably just gunk or something.
OnAll4s

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: ABS light Reply with quote

wan2live wrote:
My ABS light has been on forever even after shoe, rotor and disc replacement so could this be another faulty sensor? There are no codes related to ABS.

This is weird 'cuz it's about the exact opposite of what I had.

My ABS light was on for quite some time. Two different mechanics told me it's most likely my sensors and that's an expensive job; so I went without it. Finally I had to replace rotors on this last brake job, and guess what? My ABS works once again! I got lucky. You, on the other hand, sound like you need the ABS sensors repaired/replaced. Hope it works.
wan2live

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya if it is the sensors I'll just keep dealing with it because it has been on forever and I brake fine no problems with abs just the light. I';; clean them this weekend and report back.
anLS1x2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wan2live wrote:
Ya if it is the sensors I'll just keep dealing with it because it has been on forever and I brake fine no problems with abs just the light. I';; clean them this weekend and report back.

So did cleaning the sensors work? If so how did you clean them? My "abs" light goes on and off periodically.
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know about jeeps but most of the time the light goes on when the abs is actually working . so does it go on when you brake ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: