Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ive done some searching but i cant find a definite answer..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: ive done some searching but i cant find a definite answer.. Reply with quote

ok the deal is my good buddy just bought his 94 yj and is so stoked... it is the i4 its standard and came with new 31x10.5 bfg all/t's... the only thing that sucks is his flex is caca... he will almost rub on a damn speed bump... SO i noticed his axles are leaf sprung under the axle... i figured since a crap load of axles are sprung on top, it would be a breeze to lift this sob for dirt cheap so that he can run his 31's... he may want to go bigger later but for now why not? is this a hard process? meaning is there more to it than taking one leaf off at a time and putting it on top of the axle? i know hed probably need new shocks and maybe some sway bar end links and possibly some new u bolts and spring perches.. anything else??? we are really on tight budget here ( who isnt? Confused ) so any guidence would be awesome thanks in advance!!!!
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spring over would allow for 33s, it requires new perches, ubolts, possible that you may need longer brake lines, need to be damn good at welding, SYE possible, tcase drop likely. Spring over usually nets around 4 inches, spring over with new RE springs designed for the SOA, would net about 7 inches, you would need new shocks, id say get some for a 3-4 inch lift,

if you dont like the sound of all that you could opt for some shackles that would net about 1.5-2.5 inches of lift, which would clear the 31s really well

I picked up this book call "How to modify your jeep chassis and suspension for off road" its from the editors of jp and has lots of good information
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn i was hoping it was an easy ass install with all the parts it had on it just a lil wrenchn and wa la sprung over! guess that was dumb... what needs to be welded? the new srping perches on top? why cant i just flip all that is on there now?

basically i wanted to avoid buying a kit but it doesnt look like hell get out that easy right?
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good how to. This guy covers everything needed.

YJ SOA Conversion
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you da man orange!!
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are no perches on the top, if you dont want to get that involved, because it is a pretty difficult task, and if you dont have the right tools and know how, I wouldnt recommend it

I would opt for the shackles, hes only running 31s, with the shackles he will get the lift he needs and then if/when he wants to go bigger he can get new leaf packs, or SOA and have enough lift for 35s, granted he will need the other things as well
DankNesS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... i think im fully capable i just dont think my bud wants to fork over the denero for all that new shiza... im thinkn your right with the shackels for a 2 inch lift? got any links?
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fox2go wrote:
I would opt for the shackles, hes only running 31s, with the shackles he will get the lift he needs and then if/when he wants to go bigger he can get new leaf packs, or SOA and have enough lift for 35s, granted he will need the other things as well

I agree with Fox. Shackles are the way to go if he only wants to clear 31's. He can always go bigger in the future when he is ready to Just Empty Every Pocket!!! He can also go with a body lift, they are only $100. That would give him the clearance for the 31's also. Body lift and shackle combo will get him up there pretty good. Cool
1fox2go

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quadratec, four wheel supply, four wheel parts

those are a few, you will have to search around to find the best prices
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a set of 2.5" shackles that came off my buddies 92YJ. they cleared his 31's perfectly, i never saw em rub.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

word up andy! how much shipped to 87124????
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know......where do i calculate it?
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go!

Calculate Shipping
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks orange good lookin out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: