Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Con Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orlimar105

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Air Con Problems Reply with quote

With the warmer weather having arrived, I'm discovering some problems with the air con in my 99 Cherokee Sport. Fine on startup and when going at pace, but after a few minutes (and often when I slow down), the air still blows but is no longer cold nor conditioned. I had the compressor replaced a couple of years ago. Any suggestions?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://jeephorizons.com/tech/ac_recharge.html

Wink

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidXJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother-in-law had this problem with his 2000 Cherokee. He had a local mechanic check the refrigerant charge and test for leaks but it was at the perfect level. Then they checked the pressure switch (don't remember the exact name... but it is some pressure sensor that makes sure the system doesn't build up to too much pressure by switching the pump off if it senses too much pressure). The pressure switch was fine. So the mechanic told him it was the computer putting out a bad signal. I told him the mechanic was full of it and to get another professional opinion. It seems like if the mechanic can't figure out the problem it must be the computer. But... I was wrong and the mechanic was right. Eventually he bit the bullet and paid to have the computer replaced and now his A/C works fine.

Anyway, I would start by checking the charge, then check that pressure sensor/switch, and hopefully it is one of those problems and not a $400 computer.
dancerman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, check that your electric fan is running when the A/C compressor is engaged. If not, you will not be getting enough air flow over the condensor coils unless your driving fast. Just a thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: