Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vibration please help need INFO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeepguy05

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Vibration please help need INFO Reply with quote

Ok i'm lost this is my first jeep I have ever owned. i had a problem with my stock tires so they replaced them with 31-10.50-15 the tire wrangler rts I'm having a vibration coming from the streeing wheel and the gas pedal. I been to 3 different place the road force is good and the balance is off a little but they fix it. but i still get a vibration after all balance and everthing is good. a buddy i had says i'm going to get that because that's the feedback form the tires hitting the ground. he said if i go with a p rated tire it will go away he says it's like that now because it's a mud and snow tire. with don't ride all that smooth like a p tire will. greenway way says the samething but they was saying it's not the right size tire as well. he said i can stick with that size but i would have to go with a better tire like mich. ltx. now just wondering is this all true that i will get a vibration from these tires. it starts around 50-55mph then get more at around 65-80mph. and if so how can i get the vibration to chill out on my hands think a sterring wheel cover will work will i have to wear leather gloves. please help.
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all pretty much wrong.

The vibration is not from your tire tread. It's not that aggressive.
The vibration is not from the slightly larger tires you have.
The vibration is not from an light truck rated tire (LT) versus a passenger rated tire (P).
A steering wheel cover or gloves will not help.

When was the last time you had your Jeep aligned? What were the specs? How much toe? Caster?

Try rotating the wheels and tires to different positions on the vehicle.
jeepguy05

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew something was not right. but 2 dealers says it's the tires that are doing it. but the aligment could that make everything vibrat.
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeepguy05 wrote:
I knew something was not right. but 2 dealers says it's the tires that are doing it. but the aligment could that make everything vibrat.

Yes, that's why I asked about your alignment.

If could be the tires still not balanced right but since you had them balanced and rebalanced, I'm going to assume they're right. Street friendly 31s are not usually hard to achieve a good balance on. I find it hard to believe it's the tires unless something is physically wrong with one or more of them...like a physical defect.
jeepguy05

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the tires on the road force balance was sitting around 14 witch is shocking on truck tires besides one it was 32 pounds but they tire guy says that's not going to hurt nothing. should not feel nothing he said.
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeepguy05 wrote:
all the tires on the road force balance was sitting around 14 witch is shocking on truck tires besides one it was 32 pounds but they tire guy says that's not going to hurt nothing. should not feel nothing he said.

Those are the road force values??? Where is the 32 one located on the vehicle? How much weight is on each wheel to balance? Me thinks your tire shop doesn't know what the hell they're doing.
jeepguy05

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats wahts funny i took it to 3 different places dodge said there all under 14 and now good years says the back left is at 32.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: