Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

searched but..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulmakin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: searched but.. Reply with quote

couldnt find what i need to know, although im sure its here somewhere. probably using some uk terminology and negating the search.

can i replace the cv shafts in my zj with uj types from the xj cherokee?, over here we have cherokees falling out the breakers yards but very few zj's being broken it seems Confused

fwiw, the vast majority of cherokees here are the 4.0 "Limited" but i have no clue as to what axles should be on them. our zj's all seem to be the (?) Quadtraks in that we only ever got the permanent 4wd with whatever axles were hung off the front of that variant

regards
paul
cajzmere

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that they actually make U joint type replacements for your cv shafts, any good shop that rebuilds u-joints would know right off the top of their heads. The guys at a shop near me took one look at a shaft from my Jeep and asked me "do you want u-joints or cv- joint?" then said "what year Jeep u got?" I didn't even tell them it was a Jeep. All I said was "hello". it's a place in Rochester, NY called "Fleet Pride" on Scottsville Rd. Gotta plug 'em, they've helped me a bunch! Very Happy
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW I used to have XJ shafts in my ZJ they are the same length and work perfectly but if you want your ABS to work you have to find some with ABS tone rings .. Otherwise you are golden just putting them in...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
paulmakin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent news !! very very few cherokees of any series are not abs equipped here in the uk so this is just getting better and better.

many thanks

paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: