Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought my first Jeep

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Bought my first Jeep Reply with quote

I bought my first jeep this past saturday. It's a very nice 1985 Jeep Renegade CJ-7. It has a new paintjob, new hard full doors (same color), hard top, new besttop soft top and soft doors, new wheels, new 31x12.50 tires, the stock set of wheels and tires, new interior, new cd player and speakers, new seals/weather stripping, zero rust meaning the guy that painted it stripped the body completely, the floor boards are as shiny as the exterior, 258 straight six with 4 speed (111,000 original miles), and front and rear tube bumpers. It had a chrome light bar across the windshield that you can see in the first picture. I didn't like it so I took it off and bolted 2 of the lights on my front bumper. Here are some pictures, let me know what you think.

I am curious if there are any spec sheets on this year, make, and model jeep. I would like to know what all it has going on, but most importantly I would like to know what it has as far as gears in the front and rear. I heard that it may have Danas. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by mtm on Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum and the JEEP addiction! Mr. Green For the gears, check the axle tags on the diff covers. They should tell what's inside, if the gears are still stock. I would guess 3.54's. You're front diff is a Dana 30 if it's original. The rear should be an AMC 20. Your t-case is probably a Dana 300. Take a pic of your tranny shifter and I'll tell you what you got. What other specs are you looking for?
mtm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks for the info. Let me ask you another question, if you fill your gas tank all the way up does it leak a little? The guy I bought it from said sometimes they get a bad gasket from the filler neck to the gas tank and if you fill it all the way up (filler neck and all until the pump shuts off) then it will drip gas until either it gets past the leaky seal or until you drive it and burn enough to get it past the leak. Anyone else have this problem?
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, mine doesn't leak. I'm sure it's any easy fix, just reseal it. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> CJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: