Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

94 YJ's new problem. Clutch slipping? rev limiter?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
94hottamale

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: 94 YJ's new problem. Clutch slipping? rev limiter? Reply with quote

Out of seemingly nowhere, a new problem has arose.

Everytime i'm in ANY gear, once i hit 3000 rpm and above, my jeep starts coughing, sputtering sounds and acting all sorts of messed up. Almost like that feeling when you hit the factory rev limiting device around 4000-4500 and it drops down. after the problem, i smell burning. My tach has been bouncing around, not reading the real rpm's all the time it seems and i have no idea what the problem is.

Also, i cannot enter 1st gear unless the jeep is at a complete stop and sometimes ill get locked in neutral and let off the clutch till something goes *Bang* and allows me to re-enter gears. Gears grind as well. I've heard this may be the clutch slipping or worn syncros. I have no idea what the first problem is. any input?
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should check the clutch.
94hottamale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judging by your jeep arsenal, you seem pretty well off to suggest things. i think i'll take your advice and just put in a centerforce clutch, flush the clutch fluid and tranny fluid and see what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: