Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JKS Discos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hustler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: JKS Discos Reply with quote

OK, so for better traction I got some JKS quick disconnects, and they make more noise than the stock swaybar end links. I understand this is normal, however other than keeping them greased are there any tricks to quieting them?
silvergoat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you notice the noise when there connected? Mine have never made any noise. The only thing I can think of is maybe there not adusted right lets say to long or short may cause a bushing to sqeek becouse of more pressure being put on the sway bar?
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't have them, but I just ordered some (Quicker) disco's to install on a TJ I've been working on. Goat, I noticed in your bath picks that you have the quicker disco's. Hustler, you said you ordered the (Quick) disco's. The quick disco's join in the middle, held together by a pin. If that is what you have, they seem like they would be noisy. The quicker disco's slide off the bottom mounting stud and are more solid, I wouldn't expect much noise out of them!
silvergoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a good point.
hustler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should clarify, theyre Quicker Disconnects. Theyre totally silent when theyre freshly greased but midway through an oil change interval (when i do my greasing) I get the occasional clunk sort of sound from them when the swaybar is connected and I do something like pull out of a parking lot.

Are they maybe adjusted wrong for length? I used an angle finder thing to make sure they were 10 degrees of horizontal, so that part should be right, and you would think that would make the length right too.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try grabbing them when connected and really shake and wiggle em. Maybe you'll be able to see exactly where the noise is coming from, then it will be easier to address.
silvergoat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a clunk when i came out of parking lots or drive ways and what I found was the bolts for adjusting the rod that goes to the pitmen arm was hitting my front diff cover. so check for some scratchs on your cover inline with the adjusting bolts. I corrected it by putting a non dropped(stock) pitmen arm back on the jeep.
hustler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, I have the day off tomorrow so I'm going to do some investigation.
blktrax

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the JKS quicker disconnects on 3 TJ's an 06, 03 and curently 97, the 97 made a simmilar noise and drove me nuts. But it did it before I changed the endlinks to the disco's. It ended up being the sway bar bushing under the plasic jeep cover in front of the radiator, wore slam out, also the bar "walked to the passenger side causing the bolt on the disco to rub on the frame. New rubber bushings and some pipe clamps cured it.
hustler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thats exactly what I'm going to go look for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: