Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ahh

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nico21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Ahh Reply with quote

Help! lol i am just starting to fix up my jeep 95 Cherokee Sport, and i honestly have no idea were to start out any pointers?
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats wrong with it ?

what do you wish to accomplish ?

do you just want to do a tune up ?
Nico21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i did a tune up on it today i put new spark plug/wires and a fuel filter and air filter i want to get it a 5spd swap but im not sure about how much it would cost been looking around online but havent really found my answer for that...and also i want to get new tires and suspension but so many to choose from just so much to pick lol.
Teriod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it an auto now?? if so you dont want to put a maunual in it, it would be a difficult process- not having a clutch pedal and all
badger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adding the clutch pedal isn't that hard.what do you think just because it came from the factory with out one ,one can not be installed.its just a matter of coming up with the assembly and putting it in.

now that being said its no easy task to go from auto to manual.you would have to do some work.you would also have to come up with a ECU for a manual as well since the old computer needs to see what the trans is doing.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slinky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would not waste my time. that a lot of time money and aggrivation for me. if you are really commited go for it. i would rather spend all that effort in installing a lift and some new shoes for you rig.
Nico21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but also i was wondering what all would i haft to do for 4x4 swap? Yes i know i am thinking alot ahead but just trying to figure out things so i can get started on it.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy one that already has a manual tranny and 4x4!!! Use the 2x4 for parts!!!
Nico21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i should but i can never find one and i dont really want to buy one off of ebay and pay shipping and stuff lol ok... how about i forget the 5spd and just focus on the 4x4swap what about that?
slinky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are still looking at alot of work. mounting brackets and all the parts to mount the axle. track bar, steering links, pinions are different. you will need to find a 4x4 xj and take EVERYTHING off of the front. including trans case and crossmember, shifter, linkages man the list goes on. if you look you can find these xjs cheap. give you self some time and shop around at your local junk yards and even ebay. i have bought 2 of my 4 xjs off of ebay dirt cheap. look in the repose and parts cars on ebay.
Nico21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, but if i get all thoes parts off a 4x4 xj would it be hard to put on? Or you think i would be better off just looking for a 4x4 XJ and just sell my 2wd?
slinky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh. i would tryi to find a 4x. all the work you are looking toward im my opinion is not worth it. now if you were using your 2wd for a base vehicle and was going to stuff some serious running gear under it i would go with what you got and build the hell out of it. but if your just looking to put some factory items just to make it a 4x4 your wasting your time. there are all kinds of xj 4xs around were i am for pocket change. were are you located anyway.
Nico21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in the huntsville alabama region yeah i guess i will just haft to go look for a new xj but its all good i appreciate it man.
rbjeepster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an option is u could turn it into a pre- runner xj just leave the 2wd drivetrain and mobb it on the dirt roads in alabama lol theres notghin like goin 55 on a dirt or gravel road!!! yeah pop on some fender flares and get some 33s with a 6 or 8 inch lift and you would be set, it would still be a 2wd but a sick 2wd
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbjeepster wrote:
an option is u could turn it into a pre- runner xj just leave the 2wd drivetrain and mobb it on the dirt roads in alabama lol theres notghin like goin 55 on a dirt or gravel road!!! yeah pop on some fender flares and get some 33s with a 6 or 8 inch lift and you would be set, it would still be a 2wd but a sick 2wd

That was my thought, make it into a hi-powered prerunner. Ditch some weight, soup up the engine some, drop the front bumper for a prerunner one like Daystar, lift it up 3", slap some 31" muddies on her feet, throw on some offroad lighting and have a blast. thumbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: