Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help with track bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: help with track bar Reply with quote

hey im about 2 install my 2" BB on top of my 3.5" RE to give me a total of 5.5", but my track bars are gona end up short... I am planing on taking my existing bars and cutting them and lenghting them, but im not shure where i have 2 cut or what ever to make my extension.

also, any ideas on how much longer my bars will have 2 B to be the correct length?

if anyone has made ther own tack-bar it would b greatly appreacated if u could send some pictures of it.

BTW... i have acess to welders, ginders, cutters, drills and all the necessary fabracation tools.
FARMER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JKS, Currie and Rubicon Express sell the parts to build new or modify your existing gear. I'm not sure on the length, but you would be better off buying or making it adjustable in case you put a heavier bumper or winch and change the way it sits.
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am planing on puttong on bumpers and a winch, so i reapeat what i asked above, but now... how do i make my trak-bars adjustable

o and BTW... FARMER...im broke as a joke, i think i only have two cents

thats i why i need 2 make my own.

edit.... i just read that again, i sounded like a real @$$ hole, sorry, didnt mean 2.

Last edited by 5.9 andy on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to tractor supply and get a heavy heim joint.. Then you need some heavy wall tubing and a pair of nuts that fit the heim.. You cut the end off of your trackbar and weld on the tubing and weld on one of the nuts to the end of the tubing .. Then thread the track bar in with the second nut as a lock nut..

You will probably have to make a custom track bar mount as well..

Track bar will look something like this...

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=121766&ck=

The tubing welded on the left hand side is from a previous problem..

It didnt make it longer just straight... Mr. Green

I didnt start out to make mine adjustable but I had death wobble very bad and it broke the balljoint thingy off of the track bar..

Its not real pretty but its from several years ago and Its held up to some pretty heavy beating..

And just for your info .that pile of crap on my trailer is from a solid axle swap I did on an explorer..

Here I am cutting all that crap off... Mr. Green

And here is the finished product..

I am a picture whore.. Mr. Green Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah... Always always use grade 8 bolts...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is ur explorer still got a V6, or have u droped in a 5.0 explorer engine?

we have a 5.0 explorer, AWD. it was ok off road, i did a HUGE!! add a leaf and then reacked up the torsion bars in front and put on some 31's...
it was fun, but the jeep is a world better becase of the 4LO abaility and other stuff.

i was thinking about taking my old LP dana 30 and solid axleing the EXPLODER, but i think my dad would be a bit pissed, and proably tear my head off.

ill try out that track-bar thingy.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my Sploder .. I did it for someone... I used a HP 30 but since then I have swapped a 44 in it for him.. He still has the 4.0 but I put 4:56 gears in the axles so it works pretty well..

I agree the Jeep is much funner.. If you need any help with the trackbar let me know .. I did it several years ago but I can still remember...

jeeppro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get an adjustible trac bar from rustys offroad- they only cost 129 and are very easy to install. I have one on my lifted xj and love it
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good but there is a problem.

cant use that track bar. it works for lifts up to 5 inches, ill be running a bit over 5.5 inches. id rather pay the extra $50 so i can have more adjustment.

thx for the help though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: