Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Environmentalists want some Tellico watershed trails closed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Environmentalists want some Tellico watershed trails closed Reply with quote

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770708015

The thing is, as I understand it,

1. the erosion issues mentioned have been fixed.

2. the "polluted" streams are north of the trail system. Umm, with the exception of the New River in West VA and VA, all rivers in the US flow North to South. So not sure how this one is happening.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Duncan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... Is there any place they ARN'T cracking down on ORV use for one reason or another?

Even here in KY in the Daniel Boone National forest they have posted shiny new signs listing all of the many "rules" for ORV use. This in a county where thre is ZERO law enforcement of any kind... After some arguements with the neighbors my mom (who lives out there) was being harrassed and recieving death threats I called the sherrif and he told me to loan her a gun so she could "shoot them" (if she caught them on her property) and he would come and "get the bodies". My mom is 56 years old and lives alone... So in other words they cannot do anything to protect old ladys recieving death threats (aside from the aforementioned "helpful" adivce) but when it comes to people driving ORVs and ruinging the frog spawning grounds or some sh*t they are all over it... What is this world coming to?

*does not like humanity.
monstercomp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No theres no place to hide. Colorado is already 100 per cent off limits in the National Forests.

monstercomp
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monstercomp wrote:
No theres no place to hide. Colorado is already 100 per cent off limits in the National Forests.

monstercomp

that changes my summer camping trip.

appreciate the heads up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Use Issues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: