Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1999 WJ Tranny Rebuild Kit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: 1999 WJ Tranny Rebuild Kit? Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm new to the site, but have been driving a JGC for 4 years now. First three were a 1994, and just bought a 1999. Both are limited. Anyway, I'm having tranny problems with the 99. Rolling Eyes When I first start it in the morning, it is very loud around the tranny, it feels like it is slipping (i.e. acceleration is not what it normally is) then after about 45 seconds to a minute, the sound goes away and it gets quiet like its supposed to be. Bad thing is, its also starting to do this even after it has warmed up and i've been sitting at a stop light for instance, but it goes away quick. Maybe its a bearing not getting fluid to it... It sounds to me like either the transmission fluid pump isn't cycling the fluid for a bit or maybe i'm having solenoid issues. Either way, I get the feeling I'll have to rebuild the thing.

So my question is, does anyone have a prefered transmission rebuild kit? I'm comfortable doing it, having rebuilt numerous engines, rear ends and my old bronco's T-18 tranny. I'd prefer to do it myself, since after having the '94's tranny rebuilt by a shop, I'm positive I can do it myself cheaper, and better. I was never satisfied with the way it shifted after the rebuild.
I've been looking around, but I really don't want to get a crappy rebuild kit.

Thanks in advance

Colinm Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: