Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O2 sensor HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyman3875

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: O2 sensor HELP Reply with quote

I just got a new Catalytic converter and long story short, they moved the wires for my O2 sensor and they got ripped apart by the driveshaft. Problem is, it was the harness side that got destroyed. I would like to re-wire it but I'm not much of an electrician and need some help.

Below are the pictures of the piece that was ripped out. I either need a new plug, new silver pieces (check below) or a combination of the 2. I just want to reconnect the wires, I don't want to take it to the dealer. Thanks for the help.

-130k Miles (and counting)-> let me know of any preventative maintenance you guys can think of. PM me.
monkeyman3875

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing? Please, I need some help.
-130k Miles (and counting)-> let me know of any preventative maintenance you guys can think of. PM me.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, if you really want to salvage it. What I would do, is take a small screwdriver and small needlenose, uncrimp the ends of the pins and stick the wires back in. Then clamp em back up. If they are loose add a drop of solder!
I'm not sure how the plug came apart, but you'll probably have to feed the wires through the plug housing before you reattach the pins, so that you can just pull them back into it.
Also if the wires were too short, now is the time to lengthen them.

Duncan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider using the pins for AMP CPC conectors... There are many different shapes and sizes... Here is a catalog page to start... Look at that one and adjecent pages to see if any of those can be made to work... Mouser is the comany and their homepage is mouser.com

If you find the part you want simple call them at 1-800-346-6873 and give them the part number...

If you need any help selecting a pin let me know..
monkeyman3875

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks I'll give it a shot, but could some one post a picture of theirs. I think when I put it back together I might have switched the leads and mixed up where they go.

Must be compatible with a '97 XJ with 4.0L straight 6 and, if it matters, an AW4 transmission. Hopefully the colors will match.
monkeyman3875

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking again, can anyone post a picture of the wires on the harness side of the 02 sensor connection. I think I may have mixed up the leads and need to get it right before I can put it back together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: