Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4.0 runs hotter when the A/c is on

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbjeepster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: 4.0 runs hotter when the A/c is on Reply with quote

after running my ac on my jeep for about 10 minutes it passes the 210 mark my fans are both working i have a new radiator and relatively new water pump and my thermostat works , i converted over to r-134a ive heard that r-134a runs at a hotter temp but i don't know if thats a factor it mainly passes the 210 mark when im goin 50 mph for a few minutes. any ideas or advice id appreciate

thanks guys
Teriod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know what temperature thermostat you have, if everything is working normally, you might want to switch to a cooler thermostat, also there might be air in the system
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya thats sort of a side effect of running the ac , thats why the fan kicks in right away .

a thermostat will do absolutely nothing if yours is working , it only controls minimum temperature not maximum .

however your electric fan could be not kicking in , it should right when you turn the ac on , or your clutch fan could be messed , and of coarse the rad could be plugged .

R12 was colder then 134a but you can't legally put R12 in your jeep and its so stinking hard to find as i learned last week when i had to charge my ac . i finally found a bottle at my dads work that was pulled out of a western star when the converted it .
rbjeepster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know my fans are working properly and my radiator is a month old with a new cap and ive purged the air several times. it seems to pass the 210 mark when im cruzing at anything past 35mph with the A/C on not anything drastic but enough for me to turn off the A/C. does it sound like it might be the fan clutch not slowing down or something could it possibly be blocking the air coming in form just the speed of the jeep?

thanks
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fan locking up would make it get colder .

its at 210 with the ac on cruising at 35 mph ?nothing wrong with that .
rbjeepster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when im cruzing with the A/C on it gets hotter it will hit 210 then keep goingto about 220 then i shut it off
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: