Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undercoating...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeepster575

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Undercoating...? Reply with quote

If theres any one who like myslef live in NY or any other place where road salt eats away your jeep before the mud does i have found a way to prevent most if not all damage. Prior to rebuilding my 01 xj i had an 89xj it was in rough shape but i tried to hold it together and undercoated it with rubberised undercoating... simply put it sucked and flaked off through out the first few snow poundings in buffalo. so when i got my 01 xj rebuilt i decided to go about trying some thing new, my problems have been solved by truck n bed liner, it works wonders, much like the rubberised undercoating it protects against salt and water but is much more durable. I undercoated every exposed pice of metal that could be covered and it looks great. good luck to any one who trys it let me kno how it works for u
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought about it but mines to far gone . Smile
foreverknight68

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that rubberized stuff is no good, I use that spray on bedliner every time when i replace a floor panel, and a tube of automotive seam sealer works well with it also.
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did that when i fixed my floor , the bedliner is like the same price anyway .

i would love to have a vehicle stripped and sprayed with linex underneath , my dads truck is linexed , that stuff can take a beating .
Duncan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to do that... I am in the process of removing the carpet and adding hurculiner to the intirior... I think I will put something underneath.
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its really only good to do to a rust free , clean vehicle . if you have rust it just traps it and will make it worse eventually .

you can of course convert and seal the rust . some times it works
foreverknight68

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this my second winter with this vehical, last year i put a new floor on the passenger side, from the front floor board to the begining of the rear seat. I cut that floor out and noticed a lot of junk in the frame channel, enough to hold water/ moisture which is not good for a closed in frame.

so I vacuumed that out and let it dry out for a day, then cleaned it to get that extra dust out then sprayed it with bedliner, then i put the new floor in and sprayed it with bedliner, because if you have left a window open when its raining that water will go to the bottom of that rug insulation and stay there, and after a while it will start eating through the floor pan.

and this past month I took the fuel tank out and sure enough the back floor was gone, but only on the sides, the middle was fine where the tank sits. so I put a floor in and sprayed the whole under neith with bedliner before I hooked the tank back up.
so if it lasts me through the winter i'll put a new floor on the drivers side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: