Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have seat risers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Anyone have seat risers? Reply with quote

Guys,

I'm about 5'3" (on a good day) and I'm having a hard time seeing the 4 corners of my jeep. I thought this was just like not being able to ride the big roller coaster at 6 Flags...something that short people had to deal with. But apparently not, 4wd.com has these seat risers in 1", 1 1/2", and 2"...has anyone used these? Thoughts?

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=14539

Jeremy aka Big Guy
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about answering own question?

after searching around on the net, i found this install site on the exact product i was asking about. check out the link below to see...

http://www.stu-offroad.com/body/riser/seatriser-1.htm

http://www.stu-offroad.com/body/riser/seatriser-2.htm

so apprently it's good stuff. i will be trying it out shortly. as for the roller coaster at 6 Flags...i'm still screwed.

j-
quadna71

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 1" risers on my '03 tj - the kit i picked up on eBay worked like a champ and took about 20 minutes to put under both seats. i'm over 6' but preferred the previous height of my '00 seats compared to the '03 and newer height (the lowered them a noticeable amount in '03).
unforgiven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, of course you'll be tryin it out "shortly" as you do everything. lmfao
no offence, my wife is 5 foot nuthin.

jplamontdc wrote:

so apprently it's good stuff. i will be trying it out shortly. as for the roller coaster at 6 Flags...i'm still screwed.

j-

jplamontdc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i invited that one, didn't i?

i don't mind short jokes...but it's rather funny when i make fat jokes to the fatties in my office after they make a short joke and they get mad. strange huh? (not that i am calling you fat...rather just a short joke sociological comment)

j-
unforgiven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know, ya got a point there, it's absolutely true with most people ive met as well.

but ummmm, HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW I AM A FATASS? lmfao
i mean, jeeezus, is it hangin over into my typin??? Shocked lol
rofl
jplamontdc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i put the risers in today. they weren't all THAT easy to put in...but they weren't necessarily hard either rather just a pain in the ass to line up the holes. but the actual hard part was finding a freaking T50 socket!! but 2 different lowes later, i found a T50! (but i had to buy a set of 7 i already had to get the 8th one that i did need) oh well. on to my thoughts about them:

i got the 2" and let me tell you this...THEY ARE WICKED HIGH!!! maybe it's just going to take getting used to, but right now it feels WEIRD! for all you tall people out there, this may just be how you've felt your whole life, and for that i'm sorry. (however i CAN hear the speakers in the rollbar a lot better now. so that's a plus. initial thoughts make me think i should have gotten the 1" risers, but i'm not going to make a knee jerk reaction. i will see how it all goes after i get used to them.

j-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: