Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

clutch wont disengage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
master999

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: clutch wont disengage Reply with quote

hi i have read this forum for a while and i like it. you guys are also my last hope for this question too, because i have no other guesses as to what can be wrong. so to start i have a '91 4.0 with an ax15 and a 231 tcase. so my clutch was going a while ago..i would bleed it and have a pedal for a few days then i would lose it. so i bought a raybestos master cylinder and installed it and bled it. had a clutch pedal for afew days and then it went to me pumping the clutch at every stop light. so i got angry and ordered a duralast clutch disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, slave cylinder and throwout bearing. i installed it a few weeks ago and it hasnt been right. when i push the clutch pedal down to the floor it feels like i am only disengaging the clutch about 2/3. and shifting is really notchy. reverse is nearly impossible to go into and so is 2nd. i have bled the system many times and in many ways. none of it worked. i am at a loss.... any help would be greatly appreciated. because i am so tired this stupid clutch.
asmith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my clutch started going bad one of the componits that failed was the hydralic line between the master and slave unit. It did not fail totally, but weeped fluid, so you would bleed the system and then the line would suck air and bring the system down. I also found that gravity bleeding worked better that pedal bleeding. Good luck my friend! Al
master999

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the line was drawing air, wouldnt i be losing fluid and be able to tell by looking in my master cylinder? and thatnk you for the help. and how did you tell the line was leaking was it obvious or did you just replace it just because
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: