Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stalls when turning left

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCJP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: stalls when turning left Reply with quote

HI! to all
Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 1998 I6 4.0 4WD.
a couple of weeks a go aposted the same problem and sugested that I checked my PS fluid and pump. but it did not work.
I got a another clue it only happens when fuel level is at 1/2 or less.. It also stalls when I try to go from full stop and try to accelarate as fast as it can.. ... could it be the fuel pump?.. or just the fuel level sending unit?...
Duncan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had the problem but I have read about it... I think it turns out to be the battery cable somehow... Don't ask me how.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuel pump and sending unit are one piece, they are changed together.
RCJP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: tnx for the replay Reply with quote

yeah some said something about that the first time I posted this ... the thing is It only happens when the gas thank is less then half but i'll check out tnx
RCJP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: ....level sending unit out-of place Reply with quote

high to all,
so this weekend i dicided to take down the gas tank to check my fuel-pump, and BINGO!... the fuel level sending unit was NOT attached the the fuel pump(where it should be).. it was just hanging from its connector. SO the level I was seeing in the gauge was not correct ... a reattached and secured the level sending unit to the fuel pump. now i'm wating for the fuel to gow down to about 1/4 and see what happends.

tNX to all that replide

PS
the ground connections are OK..
97limited

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this?? Can you also explain what you saw when you say the level sending unit was not attached to the pump? My husband just replaced our pump, and now we are experiencing these two same symptoms you described. Please let me know, while the tank is still off our car!!
RCJP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

hi 97limited..
well the repair took about 1hr so i already put the gastank back.
What i mean by it is the level sending unit has two main parts one is plastic pice that attaches to the side of the aluminum silo-type of the pump and the other is the lever that has a part that floats higher or lower (depending on the amount of gas)and changes the value of the variable resistor that gets converted in to the position oof the GAS-gauge. Any way the plastic part broke off from the silo so reading I was getting on my gas-gauge was not correct (actually it was WAY-OFF). so the reason for the stalling was that had NO GAS on my tank even tough the gauge said I had 1/4 or more.. hope this was Help-full iand not confusing..
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb287/korovamilk/Dibujo.jpg[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: