Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

totally lost with my 88 comanche

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davefield427

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: totally lost with my 88 comanche Reply with quote

my 88 comanche, with 180000 k's on it has been going fine till the other day. It started off by not idling while it was cold. But once warm it ran fine. Sometimes if i let it die while it was cold, it took many attemps to start again. After being away for 2 weeks, I went to fire it up, and it wont. It cranks and alomost sounds lime it will,,but it wont. So i checked the spark, it was good and bright. I checked for fuel, has lots of pressure and the injectors are gettin a signal. Thought i would check the timing. distributer seemed to line up with number one at around 20 degrees advance still, which i thought must be normal cause the ECM controls the advance. I replaced the CPS sensor, did nothing. It seems like something that is controling the ignition timing is give the wrong signals for start up? Any heelp would be appreiciated as im running out of ideas!

Thanks Dave
Glowyrm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check/replace IAC. Might need a cleaning. Also check the batt for voltage. If there's not enought volts the ECM won't light off spark unless RPM's up to 300(??)
31x10.5's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: