Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1993 JGC Laredo 4.0 Taurus Fan Conversion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EYESIC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: 1993 JGC Laredo 4.0 Taurus Fan Conversion Reply with quote

Ive been reading about this taurus electric fan conversion but it only seems to be for a v8 and not a l6 models, can someone let me know if they have done this conversion for a L6? i tried installing a Flex-a-lite PN 458 black majic fan but its too fat 4 1/4 in and this hits the water pump pulley and even if i got this in there, there would be no room for the engine to move, this would destroy the fan. I called flex a lite they claim that there is no electric fan for my vehicle since there is no room. and that the fan that would fit, wouldnt be enough to cool it. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! i want more hp and cooler jeep.
EYESIC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: *update since no one has put a comment on here. Reply with quote

WELL I INSTALLED 2 PERMACOOL 10 INCH FANS THEY BOTH PUT OUT 2000 CFMS BUT THE WEATHER CHANGED HERE AND IT DOESNT GET AS HOT AS IT USED TO, ONE IS CONNECTED TO A SWITCH AND THE OTHER ON TURNS ON DIRECTLY. IVE NOTICED WHEN OFFROADING IT STARTS TO OVERHEAT... IS THAT NORMAL...??? I WANT MY JEEP NEVER TO OVERHEAT ... pLEASE HELP.........
DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm i went with the ford fan from a junk yard ran me like 12 bucks... i think its a bigger fan..

ANY WAY id change your t-stat to a 180 or 190 and flush your radiator or replace it with a better one and change your water pump inspect your tstat housing replace with a high flow if you choose and you should never overheat.

i live in the New Mexico and even in July in bumper to bumper traffic or off road in the heat i never go above the middle mark in the temp gauge. my fan has to speeds tho... so when ever i get close to the half way mark i kick her on to HIGH and the temp will drop to where my tstat opens.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o and for future posts you may not want to leave the caps on.... some grammer nazis on the web will try to bust balls and tell you to quit yelling or they wont help you... eh i dont care tho yell all you want! Razz
EYESIC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Im running a L6 though theres no way i can fit a ford fan in there. i believe the ford fan is about 4.5 in and theres only about 4.0 in clearance from the radiator to the water pump pulley, this would hit the water pump pulley on a L6 , i got the T- Stat and i havent checked my water pump? do you reccomend any other fans? like from Perma cool? I heard they are good but the two fans aint working for me because they are too small and they do not cover the entire radiator. Thanks and sorry about the ALL CAPS.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l6 in a grand?????

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EYESIC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Yeah swampy Reply with quote

Same year as yours but in I6 or L6 Str8six or whatever everyone here uses... its a staight six 4.0 in a 1993 jeep grand cherokee. And it overheats hardcore!!!! well used to now it just over heats when offroading.. Sad
EYESIC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: l6 Reply with quote

i got the l6 and let me tell you it hauls major ass.. it has alot of balls... i love this engine i prefer it over the v8. the v8 is just stronger and faster hahaha . but anywho i love what i have.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl rofl ha ha you made my day. i like the I6 as well but i cant deny the love i have for the 5.2.... kinda wish i had a 360 but my lil 5.2 is a fkn BEAST!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: