Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

95 Cherokee Sport 2wd Elec fan woes....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamRod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: 95 Cherokee Sport 2wd Elec fan woes.... Reply with quote

All
I just acquired a 95 Sport model Cherokee 4.0 4x2 AT.
This vehical has two fans one mechanical and one Electric
The electric fan has been wired directly to the fuse box (what ah hack1@#)
I would like to wire it back the way it should be.
heres my dilemma. even with the wire schematic.
it does not tell me where the wires/connectors should be in relation the engine compartment. anyone out there have one? that can tell me wher the harness plug/plugs should be? I cant seem to locate them

I have determined the radiator has been replaced with a new one. Also
the Upper water inlet cap has a temperature switch installed (looks factory)
from what I understand the fan should only come on if 1 of two things is met.
the Ac is turned on or the temp reaches XXX temp.

Thanks to all in advance!
DavidXJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock wire harness for the fan should be right below the inlet/filler cap of the radiator. If it is not there then the person who hacked your fan into the fuse box (nice!) probably hacked that off too.

As far as I know the Cherokee radiators for the open cooling systems never had a temperature port on the inlet/filler neck of the radiator. I could be wrong, but I have never seen one. The only port for a temperature sender that I have been able to find is the one on the thermostat housing that is supposed to be sending the signal to your computer, which in turn controls the signal for your auxilary fan to come on and off.

I believe the computer will send a signal to turn on the auxilary fan if the temperature hits some crazy hot temperature like 225 degrees (or with the AC, of course). If I'm wrong I'm sure the experts will intervene and slap me down a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: