Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Rocky Road Outfitters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrJeep

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Problem with Rocky Road Outfitters Reply with quote

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a problem with Rocky Roads Outfitters. After selling me a lift kit, and accepting payment, they emailed to tell me they were out of stock on the rear spacers and would have them "sometime in February". Since we had this wrenching event set up, I asked what choices I had. A manager/employee, Matt told me he'd go to Glenn the owner/accountant and give me a refund for $110, the portion of the kit that was the rear spacers, and to go find the Daystar spacers somwhere else. I found a company, All JP Products, who brought the price down to $120 plus shipping on the exact same spacers, so I bought them. When the credit showed up from RRO, it was for $80. Glenn is saying the price was wrong, that the spacers don't cost that much, but when I tried to buy them separately earlier in the week, they quoted $159. Others sell them for as little as $134, but the point is the $110 WAS a reasonable (if not low) credit. Glenn is being very difficult, and not standing by what his manager quoted as the price/credit. PayPal is looking into it, but I wanted to warn anyone that might be ordering to be really careful with RRO. They did offer a credit on a future purchase, but how do I know they'll honor that a few weeks from now, when they won't honor their own quoted prices three DAYS later. A really annoying experience for $30, but you can't just roll over and take it, you know? A company is only as good as its word to their customers.
quadna71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steven,
that really sucks man - sorry that i helped recommend them Sad i take it that saturday isn't looking good now or what? when did they (jp products) say they'd have the spacers here by? let me know so we can try to schedule stuff around if we have too.
chris
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's lousy news. Never dealt with that company, we got our stuff used. Hope ya at least get the rears in time to do the install........we need some pics of lifted KJ's around here Smile .
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...got the BB for my XJ from them. Only problem I had was the long lead time...it took almost 2 1/2 weeks to get it. But, I did not try to get a credit from them, so.....

Sorry about the problems you're having with them...don't know what to tell you... Sad

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DrJeep

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Lifted Liberty photos Reply with quote

Go to:

http://www.delawareja.com/gallery/DrJeep/jeep1

More will follow, trail run on the 21st of February. Can't have too many driveway shots!

'04 KJ Sport, 3.7L V6, OEM skids/hooks, 2.5" RRO/All JProducts KJ Lift, 265/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVOs (very little rub).
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sucks.

I had great luck with them. My OME lift and ACOS levelers came from them. There were a couple of backorders and due to my placing of the order during the holidays when there suppliers were closed my order took a couple of weeks to get. I got a few emails from them letting me know why the delays and kept me informed all the way.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
DrJeep

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: RRO Reply with quote

I didn't appreciate calling the order in, paying for it, and then having them email three days later to tell me parts were out of stock. That was tolerable. But then when I called for advice on the rear spacers, the suggested giving me a credit for the rears, and me finding them somewhere else. That was actually helpful. So when I agreed, Matt (I think) put me on hold for a while, and came back with a credit of $110 for the rears. I took that credit and called around. All JProducts (Quinn, great guy) had the same Daystar spacers for $149, but he dropped it to $120 plus shipping, and I ordered them. Three days later, still no credit was posted on PayPal, so I called RRO. Glenn told me he didn't know who would tell me such a price, that they were only $80 (funny, I couldn't find them anywhere for $110, let alone $80), and that was all they were going to credit me. He offered a store-credit for the other $30, but was so pissy about it, I didn't want anything else to do with RRO. I have this funny notion that a company is only as good as its word...silly me. I turned them into PayPal, but they can't deal with problems that are one word vs. another. So , I took the crfedit and bought something cheap just to get it before they forgot about that, too. Its a great kit, the parts are bomb-proof, but I won't deal with them again.
yannaXJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with Rocky Road Outfitters Reply with quote

DrJeep wrote:
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a problem with Rocky Roads Outfitters. After selling me a lift kit, and accepting payment, they emailed to tell me they were out of stock on the rear spacers and would have them "sometime in February". Since we had this wrenching event set up, I asked what choices I had. A manager/employee, Matt told me he'd go to Glenn the owner/accountant and give me a refund for $110, the portion of the kit that was the rear spacers, and to go find the Daystar spacers somwhere else. I found a company, All JP Products, who brought the price down to $120 plus shipping on the exact same spacers, so I bought them. When the credit showed up from RRO, it was for $80. Glenn is saying the price was wrong, that the spacers don't cost that much, but when I tried to buy them separately earlier in the week, they quoted $159. Others sell them for as little as $134, but the point is the $110 WAS a reasonable (if not low) credit. Glenn is being very difficult, and not standing by what his manager quoted as the price/credit. PayPal is looking into it, but I wanted to warn anyone that might be ordering to be really careful with RRO. They did offer a credit on a future purchase, but how do I know they'll honor that a few weeks from now, when they won't honor their own quoted prices three DAYS later. A really annoying experience for $30, but you can't just roll over and take it, you know? A company is only as good as its word to their customers.

Similar problem, but I have ordered for 3000 and I am from the Czech republic - middle Europe Crying or Very sad They donīt answer my e-mails, my faxes and guy named Sean "doesnīt anything about my order". And - these are parts for my customer who is getting very very nervous because itīs been already two months.... Have you guys any advice???
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: