Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xj pod owners

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeymagic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: xj pod owners Reply with quote

who else has purchased the xj pod and what do you have running to it?
i have a 300 watt rockrord fosgate amp and 8" sub. they sound amazing.
Ty McDonald

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: xj pod owners Reply with quote

Do you have one in your jeep? If so how do you like it? I'mthinking of getting one as it looks great. Thanks in advance.
mikeymagic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i do have one in my jeep. it sounds great. its not anything obnoxiously loud but i love it because it really fills out the low end of my music. you just need a good head with and e.q. for the sub output.
Flowmaster delta flow 40
Ty McDonald

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: xj pod Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. Did you install it yourself? I assume the speaker was aftermarket? Do you have any problems with rattling? If so how did you deal with it? Also what is "a good head with and e.q. for the sub output." Sorry for the rapid fire questions but I saw a negative review on Crutchfield and am a little gun shy. Thanks again.
mikeymagic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did install it myself. it was a pretty simple sub install. nothing out of the ordinary. i mounted the amp on the back of my rear row seats. the speaker and amp are both rockford fosgate. they were pretty cheap. i bought them both on ebay. 300 watt amp, 8inch speaker. only rattling problems is with rap songs with extreme bass with the volume turned up too loud. i listen to metal/hardcore and its fine for that. i never really wanted to fix that. lol. a good head is just your car stereo. i got a pioneer and i love it.
Flowmaster delta flow 40
ottomobile1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeymagic wrote:
a good head is just your car stereo

aka: cd player. "head unit"
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh my jeep has so many vibrations , i had a 15" comp in mine for like a week but it was to stupid . now im down to a 12" kappa perfect that pretty much takes up the hole back . to bad it would never fit in a little pod .
chrisgerman1983

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey brad, what kind of box are you running your kappa in?? it would fit in a box like mine. it would have to be sealed though. you could get 1ft of space with a little bit of trimming behind the panel. mine is .8 but i just wanted a 10. wouldn't be hard to fit a 12. I may be able to put one together for you if you want Very Happy would be really convenient if i come up to the loops any time soon Very Happy
chrisgerman1983

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a link to mine if you havent seen it
http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12113&highlight=sub+box
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a great big stinking bassworx pos box , i hate bassworx boxes there such junk . but its ported so i get okay sounds , after i took the sub out and actually sealed the inside of the box hahaha . silly bassworx .

i had already seen the pod you built , looks really good .

actually my amp sits right beside the sub as well , since the only space for an amp is under the seat and i have one there as well .

i hate how there is no room for amps in Cherokee's i have another amp and 4 more speakers sitting in my room because i can't find a place for the amp .

i don't think i could get enough cubes out of the side there for my 12" it would be to sweet to have one there , really i would like two 8"s in my jeep .
chrisgerman1983

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you wanted to keep your 12 i think you could fit one in there... but 2 8's would be cool in the back hatch. i wonder if you could make a light enough box. probly have to be ply or something!!!
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe even if the box was built for the 12" but it stuck out a couple inches ? like not flush with the wall . i still really like my ported box is the problem .

2 8" subs would be cool i think but i want a lift more . any idea on were to jamm amps ? hahah
chrisgerman1983

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh i see your a bass monkey Very Happy yeah cant beat the ported for loudness Very Happy i am struggling with where to put my amp i hate having it on the back of the seat. might have to make an amp rack that hangs from the roof Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: