Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where did this come from? aluminum heat shield..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecologito

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Where did this come from? aluminum heat shield.. Reply with quote

Today I was driving and I heard a weird noise, like something was dragging, I looked under the jeep xj 98 and I saw an aluminum plate, it looks like some sort if heat shield but couldn't figure out where it came from.

It has 4 or 6 holes I am not sure but I am guessing it is where it was bolted in to something.

Do you guys have any idea where it came from?

It was on the rear axle. I am not sure if this came loose from my jeep or picked it up on the road but I never really had a good look under my jeep and try to remember if it was there.

Any pictures of the stock jeep 98 would be great.
mj77724

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think what it is the heat sheid for the cat it bolts to the under side of the pan above the cat

marlen
DelmarvaXJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mj77724 wrote:
i think what it is the heat sheid for the cat it bolts to the under side of the pan above the cat

marlen

I agree, if it has a round shape, then it's most likely the heat shield off of your cat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: