Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has every one done this or is it just me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Has every one done this or is it just me? Reply with quote

well ive been trying to collect pics of all the mods ive done to my jeep be it big or small and i came across this lil cuttage i did a long time ago to free up some air flow..

Im sure a lot of people will say well dont you get a bunch of stuff in there?? and the honest truth is no not really.. i routinely clean my KnN drop in air filter with the recharge kit and i have not noticed any differance in debris it collects. i can say i know my jeep breaths better with out the plastic wall in front of it.. cutting the grill is optional of course but i think it kind of creates a RAM air effect.
so ya im just wondering how much other people thought that the stock set up was way restricting?
fishjrl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cut that little piece of plastic 15 minutes after i read this post and drove around to test it out. seems to do fine
Duncan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do that but its to low anyway so I will just add a snorkle... I can't tell you how many times I have almost drowned my ZJ by getting water in that oh-so-low air intake.
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welll just a little advice for you.... dont take your jeep in deeper then that where you would get water in the intake cus if you do you chance getting water in the tranny. i can find the thread that a guy put a snorkel on his ZJ and has already gone thru 2 trannys. also your axles are not water proof stock and if water gets in thru the vent tube your in a world of shiot.

so im not to worried about getn water in there cus i know i will have bigger problems then that
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: