Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post-Lift Blues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USMCGunner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Post-Lift Blues Reply with quote

I posted this on Jeepsunlimited. Sorry for shotgunnig this, but I need help.

I've been posting on a local forum here in VA, but I think this problem has everyone stumped. So I'm putting this out on a national forum hoping someone may have some insight.

I purchased a 95 YJ back in July. After suffering through some transmission and exhaust problems (as some of you may recall) I finally got her road worthy and running great. Then lift time came. Here's what we did:

Installed:

RE 4.5" Extreme lift
Daystar 1" bodylift
Brown Dog 1" motor mount lift
JB Shortie SYE
TW rear shaft
and put it all on 33" shoes.

Original rear track bar was wasted. When I replaced the exhaust, I found that the lower mount was sheared. Left the front off based on the recommendation of the crew at my wrenching party. That's still off.

All of the installs went fine. No grinding, cutting or wierd stuff had to happen to get everything on. Had some brake bleeder issues, but those have been taken care of.

Took it out on the road for the first time and it was all over the place. If I got above 40mph, I could barely keep it on the road. Here's the weird part. If I let off the gas quick, it jerks to the right. If I gun it, it jerks to the left.

Went home and checked the torque on random bolts and nuts, but things seemed to be in order. Got it to an alignment shop. It was out of whack and appaarently corrected according to the printout. Got it back on the road, and although it was better, symptoms persisted. Went back out tonight and went one by one and torqued every suspension related bolt or nut to over 100lbs. I did find some that I had missed before that were "loose." Subsequently, the rear left U bolts and the shackle bolts (same location) were the culprits. Went back out on the road. I can now get up to 50 mph before it gets uncontrollable. Left and right jerk with/without accelleration are still there.

Somebody help.
Teriod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anybody said anything about a drop pittman are to ya????? that seems like a lot of lift with a stock pittman arm
USMCGunner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drop pitman that came with the RE kit was installed.
tonloco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you locked in the rear? my strated after installing a lock-rite although it is not as noticable as yours sounds
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: