Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air filter/gas mileage issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBrat97

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Air filter/gas mileage issue Reply with quote

Is it true that a "cold" air intake destroys your gas mileage? I have an eBay cold air setup and I'm getting 14 mpg on 31's. Would my stock airbox give me better gas mileage? Gas is $2.89 a gallon down here in TX and it's eating me alive.
tag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, are you for real!!!!! try filling up over here, UK it's nearly 1 a liter thats 2 pints 4 liters to the gallon just short of 4!! thats $8 your money, think yourself lucky Crying or Very sad
cherokee94

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, i just emigrated to canada from the uk.
i always wanted a Jeep cherokee when i was in the uk but there was no way i could have afforded the fuel i had to run a little diesel car, not much fun when you like your vechicles big.
When i got here my wife whos canadian introduced me to her friend they where running a jeep cherokee i mentioned i needed a vechicle her hubby says take the jeep we dont use it now its just been standing here.
So $1500 can later and a bit of repair work, radiator, hoses etc.......im the proud owner of a 94 cherokee.
put it this way to fill it up here it cost $60 can that would be 30 uk pounds but to fill it up in the uk it would be more like 70 pounds or a $140 can i could not affors that every week..........britain is a rip off and im glad i left
Toliver09

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just remember, a jeep cherokee going down the road is much similar to a brick wall running down the road, your not going to get any more than 24mpg out of any jeep cherokee stock. add more friction from the tires and bam instantly 10mpg off easily. And yes, a cold air intake wouldnt help your mpg any more, we all know more air = more fuel in engines. the more air you force into the intake the more fuel your throttle body is going to throw in there to keep the motor running clean.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! i had a holiday in ontairio a few years ago , you need wheels to get around, that place is BIG i stayed in london ont, if i remember it was the kings highway, princes highway, etc visited all the usual niagra falls huron indian reservations, bells homestead. is it still 50 mph speed limit?
cherokee94

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

60mph......... but you find anyone who actually sticks to that speed lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: