Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newb from IL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROLLOVER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Newb from IL Reply with quote

Just wanted to check in and say hi. I just got out of the Marines last year after serving many years in the middle east with the 1st Marine expeditionary Force, Air ground team. Enjoying my new life and modding my toys.

Anyways if any one cares to know, I currently a 79 CJ5 silver anniversary with a 304 and lifted with 44 boggers spun through 556's with ATLAS II T-case + SM465 Tranny.Owned this jeep for 14+ years. Engine builts as well to move me through the bog with the tires.

I also have a 87 Wrangler with a weak or I should say sorry @$$ 4.2 with major blowby. So bad I have to put socks in the Air cleaner to soak it all up:-) Its going to get my built 347 stroker in the near future. Has 33's baja claws and is basicly stock besides a winch and bumpers.

Looking and already been laughed once for my 1st post in the wanted section asking about a possible trade on my 99 Cobra (yes not everyone just has a jeep) for a newer jeep for my ol lady to drive.

Seems like a cool site minus the one smartass so far.

I'm a admin on a few different boards as well as a mod on another few. Wont name drop incase this is against it.

Going to navigate my way through the site and enjoy my stay.

Seeya around
-Banger

Seeya around
hutchman
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and thank you for your service.

Ever think of returning the Silver Anniversary to stock? Not many made!
IBTJn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, welcome to the site and thank you for your service.

Wink
ROLLOVER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hutchman:

It was my pleasure to serve our country and Thanks for the thought. Comments like yours is what keeps us going over seas when we are so far away from home in the fight.

Anyways to answer your good question, No not really. Dont really know if the effort would pay off to me altleste. I'm pretty sure that to others it would be worth every nickle and ime spent. However, my time and money spent searching and buying not to metion all the busted knuckles doing it just is not my current goal with it. Maybe one day, if I pass it down to my son he may wish to restore it to its original state. Just want to tidy up a few odds and ends on it and enjoy my new found freedom trail riding and playing in the bog.

However, the silver anniversary emblem is still affixed and is original from 79 though:-) Tubs solid as well as the rails. Even the floor boards are in good shape and all original. Had some rott over rears from the spot welds as they all do and some more rott at the rear of the tub at the mounts. Glassed over it a few years back while I was home on leave.

Guess she would be a perfect collectors pc but I just enjoy modding her over the years the way I like it.
hutchman
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with enjoying it your way. Sometimes, no matter how rare they are, it just isn't worth trying to restore.

However, the Silver Anniversary is one I would really like to have stock. I guess in reality, I would like to have any of the old Jeeps to drive.........stock! 20 years ago I would not have preferred a stock one, but I guess we all change.

Again thanks and welcome........

Oh yea............we want pictures!
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome

Sounds like you have a beast there! Like Hutch said, we want pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Intro and Testing All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: