Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP NOISE-A-RAMA Reply with quote

I have seen several posts where people go OFF topic talking about noisy inline pumps. Im really interested in this, some people whine that the pump is louder than their engine... thats crazy. my fuel pump is going bad and i want to try the swampy bypass but i dont want my pump making more noise than my engine. SO ive looked around and i havent seen alot of people come up with good noise cancelling ideas. I came across this one.

Here is a trick I have used for a quiet mount on a noisy fuel pump.

Measure the distance between mount holes on the pump and go to the auto parts store and get a RUBBERIZED transmission mount for any car that the rubber mat is long enough to cover the pump mount holes...

Next from the rear of the mount, drill , Countersink and install two screws 1/4 20's flush heads ought to due .. To mount the pump to the transmission mount, and fill the screw head with a dab of RTV.

Next mark the transmission mount holes on the frame and bolt or drill and tap the frame Don't forget to add a Good ground wire.

Use Loctite on all the bolts/screws and double nut the pump nuts.

That will give you a quiet running pump.

Hope it helps!

this was on a hot rod forum. But i guess everyone has the same problem. Do any of you understand his instrutions because i didnt.

i dont see how the transmission mount and the pump could possibly be put together.. or did he make a mistake and he probably meant something else like a transmission rubber mat i dont know someone explain it for dummies. Evil or Very Mad .. if anyone has bright ideas please post them that way we can put and end to this FUEL PUMP NOISE DEMON. THAnks
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what the hell he meant ... Mr. Green But what he is trying to do is completly isolate the fuel pump from the frame.

Some kind of rubber isolator should work..

Can someone who has one of the pumps on their ride post a vid or sound bite with the pump noise so it can be around for ever and ever..

Mr. Green
Unless you include the sawzall work..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: