Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would any one mind helping a fellow Jeeper??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Would any one mind helping a fellow Jeeper?? Reply with quote

Wanting to know if any one would mind giving me a hand?

After looking Zilla over, I have noticed several things to be put on the to do list Shocked

1st I'll have to rent a tow dolly or find some one who wouldn't mind me borrowing it. The previous owner has let the inspection die Sad I know it will fail & don't feel like wrenching in the cold outdoors....why?......

1)Exhaust Manifold is wasted.

2)Clearly can see the Engine Mounts are gone Shocked

3) The brakes stink, rear bracket gone, line just hanging Evil or Very Mad

So my plans, order HD Engine/Trans. mounts, HD Brake lines and replace the rear shoes? ( if needed?) I have a header to install Mr. Green

Now I have the big floor jack that's in Zilla + a bigger one in the garage and 4 jack stands, just need muscles rofl

Figure I would post this to see if I can get enough help to do it and if so we can make plans Feb?? Or what suits everyone. We will provide Subway or Dominos Pizza or grill fresh hamburgers, hot dogs, etc and Drinks Wink If any one else needs something done, we could do theirs too??

Thanks in advance, Wink
Billy

Edit: Also would like advice on these.....is there any thing better? (also found out Zilla has been sitting for months, mainly in a field furious )

Engine/Trans Mounts by Daystar (looks like a very bad idea Evil or Very Mad )
http://www.quadratec.com/products/76057_851.htm

Brake lines
Crown Industrial 5 layer Brake lines
72406.8030 at Quadratec
http://www.quadratec.com/products/72406_8034.htm

Last edited by Billy's89XJ on Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to help you. It's too bad we don't live closer. Wink
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orangeamc13 wrote:
I would love to help you. It's too bad we don't live closer. Wink

thanks Yea, to bad, be cool to meet you.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are trailering it, I would personally stay away from the poly mounts...they will transfer all the vibrations of/from the drivetrain to the chassis. Mark will chime in here, but he installed beefier than stock rubber mounts and the vibrations were killing him...I know he was hoping they would settle out...but if rubber mounts are doing that I can only imagine how bad poly mounts would be.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
Unless you are trailering it, I would personally stay away from the poly mounts...they will transfer all the vibrations of/from the drivetrain to the chassis. Mark will chime in here, but he installed beefier than stock rubber mounts and the vibrations were killing him...I know he was hoping they would settle out...but if rubber mounts are doing that I can only imagine how bad poly mounts would be.

Ok thanks thumbs Maybe I'll look at AutoZone and see what they carry?? God knows I don't want that, always thinking "What's wrong now? Oh wait is that just from the mounts or what?" rofl
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:

How hard are they to do? Think me and Billy can do it?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mounts? Yea, I replaced Jen's (and put in a MML in) by myself and I know Mark replaced his solo as well. It's a PITA but with two people it should go easier.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jppilot61

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have no problem. Block of wood on floor jack to cushion oil pan. Just enough on jack to take weight off mounts and unbolt old ones, maybe a little more lift to get new ones to line up and get bolts back in.

I used this for reference http://4x4trailhunters.com/article.php?id=28

If I were going to do it again I'd go with STOCK rubber (like $8 each from rockauto or $12 each at Advanced Auto) EVEN if I had to change them once a year! I paid $100 (PAIR) and may even change them back out and go back to stock because of vibration.

I "may" be up for Feb wrenching party . . .

I will likely be doing some minor maintenance between now and then but I do need to do something for new rear springs (my 2 year old RE Liftkit rear springs are sagging already. I think I am going to try to locate some S10 leafs - any lines on where I can locate some inexpensively?

1992 XJ Laredo
RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jppilot61 wrote:
You should have no problem. Block of wood on floor jack to cushion oil pan. Just enough on jack to take weight off mounts and unbolt old ones, maybe a little more lift to get new ones to line up and get bolts back in.

I used this for reference http://4x4trailhunters.com/article.php?id=28

If I were going to do it again I'd go with STOCK rubber (like $8 each from rockauto or $12 each at Advanced Auto) EVEN if I had to change them once a year! I paid $100 (PAIR) and may even change them back out and go back to stock because of vibration.

I "may" be up for Feb wrenching party . . .

I will likely be doing some minor maintenance between now and then but I do need to do something for new rear springs (my 2 year old RE Liftkit rear springs are sagging already. I think I am going to try to locate some S10 leafs - any lines on where I can locate some inexpensively?

Thanks, always can use a hand Wink And thanks for the link thumbs

I think I have a leaf for each side left? I'll look next time I go down to visit Zilla and let you know. I also have some friends still lowriding, I'll see if they can find you some too Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: