Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

94 zj tranny dead

View previous topic :: View next topic  
squirrel88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: 94 zj tranny dead Reply with quote

hey guys new here but looks like you can help.

got a 94 5.2 JGC and my tranny just went out last night. been acting funny for awhile going up to 3500rpm's at 30mph then shifting and then last night im goin 50 and its sittin at 4k out of no where. 3/4 mile from home goin 35mph then VROOM 5500rpm dead tranny. keeps makin a funny noise cant explain it cuz i forgot what it sounds like and my jeep is really loud and the neighbors get pissed.

was wondering if theres a tranny repair kit or if im screwed and just have to get a new one?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first congrats on making theneighbors angry.. rofl

Dead trannys suck..

The best thing I can tell ou is find a good tranny shop and when they rebuild it have them do a transgo shift kit at the same time..

I did mine myself (rebuilt my tranny and put in shift kit.) but its alot of work and the rebuild kit and shift kit cost me almost $400 and the work table I built to do it on coat me about $100 so I didint save alot of money..and I spent a while doing it and at the end.. I was very worried that I had messed it up..

I enjoy knowing I did it myself.. I did alot of extra stuff at the same time so a tranny shop would not have worked for me.. (I installed a tranny cooler and tranny temp gauge.. )

Anyway .... My adviceis. Get a good shop with a good warranty to do the repair..

Good luck..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
squirrel88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah theres nothing but shops where i live. might end up doing it myself with 4 other people maybe the 5 of us combined are smart enough to do it lol 2 are mechanics of 15 years.

yeah my friend who sold it to me says its supposed to be new so im gonna have to find out wtf he got it done. my big problem is i just lost my job and am unable to work right now so i have no money lol it sucks.

yeah my jeep is louder than any of the diesels here rofl
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: