Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3" lift and 32 X11.50 MT's with 3.75" back spacing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockjock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: 3" lift and 32 X11.50 MT's with 3.75" back spacing Reply with quote

I've got a 99XJ with 3" superlift coils up front, Procomp leafs (3-4" lift) in the rear, new Skyjacker shocks all around and a set of eagle alloy 15 X8 rims. I intended to mount a set of Hankook Dynapro MT 32 X11.50 tires and thought I could get away with it provided I do some trimming. Am I right Or am I wrong? I currently have a set of 31 X10.50 AT's on it now with OEM wheels and only get minor rubbing on the lower control arms at full turn.

Off the topic I've also installed Rough Country control arms for the lift up front and a 2" drop on the transfer case. As for the power train I installed a Thorley Header, an Air Raid intake, Throttle body spacer, and a Jet, Stage 2 chip. Power to drive the tires is not a problem (though fuel economy is shot). I'm just looking for some technical insight after looking a the general guidelines for lifts posted on this sight.

Thanks,
Toliver09

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check this thread
http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1423
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rockjock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,

Thanks Toliver

I had looked at that thread previously, that's why I was looking for some additional insight. I thought Someone may have some experience with 32's on a 3" lift they would share.

I'm scheduled to get the tires mounted wednesday 2/6/08 and if it won't work I'd like to know before then so I can just have them mount some 31 MT's.
rockjock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. the Dynapro 32X11.5 MT has an O.D. of 31.8" others like swamper SSR's have an O.D. of 32.5" and some 32" designated tires are closer to 31.2 or 31.4 (ie: procomp)
rockjock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to go with a set of Kumho 32X11.5's. Following some additional research they've had great all around reviews, are the same diameter as the 31X10.5 swamper SSR's and have better roadware and street manners than most of their competitors

I'll post a personal opinion on them once I've put some miles and experience on them.
rockjock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well The tires went on fine with the lift and the appropraite trimming but, off road articulation is a bit of a problem with the 32's and backspacing. I've decided to add some1.5" coil spacers up front and some 1" shims in the back to improve wheel clearance.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blocks are not a good way to get the extra clearance in the rear. You'd be better off getting some longer shackles! Wink

P.S. STAY AWAY FROM LIFT BLOCKS!!! shock

rockjock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good enough, I trust you for it and a set of 1" shackles are cheap enough.

Whats your feeling on the Poly coil spacers vs. the rubber ones? My understanding is that the poly has better durability and less squeeks.
Toliver09

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poly would most definately be a better choice. Although I think poly may effect the ride for the worst though, but not enough to make a difference.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poly spacers would be the way to go! As long as you use the stock rubber coil isolater between the poly and the body, the ride will not be effected by the polyurethane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: