Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New--B needs help with a lift.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WMH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: New--B needs help with a lift. Reply with quote

I purchased a 98 TJ (4.0) to replace my Ranger for hunting and fishing in those hard to get to areas. The T.J. is stock and I am running 30's at this time. I must say even though I have been reading for week. I'm still not sure what I need. All this is new to me. I wish to run 32's. I will not use them but about four months out of the year. I'll then go back to the 30's.

Everytime I think I've decided what to buy I read something that changes my mind. It seems there is a lot of knowledge on this site. This is the place to ask for good advise. Under the circumstances what would you do to lift for part time 32's. They will be used in mud only. And I will have some very small areas to turn around so I don't need any rubbing. Most of my driving will be on the road so I'd like to keep it a smooth ride.
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd split the difference and run 31" tires year round with a 1" body lift or a 2" budget boost.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, 2" budget boost or body lift!
WMH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about doing just that but wanted a little more aggressive tire for the mud and I don't run my mud tires on street much. This jeep also gets 22.1 MPG. I wonder if the 1" change will change my MPG. much. If I drove it all year. Is there a good tire that will perform well in both circumstances. When I go hunting 35 miles is on the pavement 1 mile in the mud. After several months of in and out driving the ruts in the mud will be getting deep. Can you recomend a 31" tire for both????????? Thanks for your reply.
fishjrl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would go with the body lift if it is only mud, body lifts are usually much easier to install if you only have a ratchet set and some jacks. i ran 29" BFG all terrains on my stock grand cherokee and only got it stuck once in 2ft of clayish mud. they wore very little and were great on the road. now i run 33" mud terrains but its not my daily driver anymore.
TJRobbie00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ran my TJ stock with 31" BFG AT's if your going through stuff that isnt that bad dont even waste your moeny on a BL or a BB and just let your tires rub a lil and you will be surprised what you can throw at an all terrain
WMH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have until next hunting season to decide. Thanks for your comments. I'll end up with some additional tires and wheels at some point. 1st things 1st. I going to buy a bumper and winch. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: