Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2001 xj sprt 4X4 leaf springs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattxj

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: 2001 xj sprt 4X4 leaf springs Reply with quote

I have a 2001 xj sport 4x4, I put a skyjacker 3" lift with new rear leaf springs (skyjacker) and after about 4,000 easy road miles, the rear is starting to sag. I am not happy. I have read on many occasions that one of the best things to do is put s-10 springs under it. I am willing to spend more money to do this, but what years of s-10 will fit my 2001 xj?? Any help would be appreciated.....Thank you
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats weak sauce , i put in suburban springs 10 thousand kms ago and 4x4 it all the time they still sit at the same spot because they were already broken in .

probably a 93 s-10 should do ya , or just get a main leaf from something like a 3/4 tonne and cut it down . s-10 , 3/4 tonne dodge , no big difference if you pick the right leaf out of the pack .
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Click Here <
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orangeamc13 wrote:
> Click Here <

i really really hope that that can be made a sticky one day , because that is asked soooooooo much .
mattxj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if this question has been asked alot. I have seen it talked about many times, I guess I was just curious if it mattered what year the s-10 was versus the year of my xj, for bolt up purposes. Thanks.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use basically any year, but the newer it is, the better the condition of the springs, usually. I've used springs from earlier square style S10's and I've used springs from later rounded style S10's. I've also used mid 80's full size blazer springs. Like Brad said it's about picking the right leaf or leafs out of the pack. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: