Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deer Vs. XJ... XJ Wins!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DelmarvaXJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Deer Vs. XJ... XJ Wins! Reply with quote

Good morning guys,

Well at about 5:45 this morning I hit a good size doe, or small buck white tail at 45mph-50mph it's back end a was 8 inches above the front grill(Stock height). She was a good size white tail at 130-150 pounds(at least 2-3 years old), and I was surprised to find out that all she did to the jeep was break the drivers size headlight, turn signal, and mess up the alignment of the grill & fender. Though she did put several good size cracks in the grill cover, and I will have to replace the headlight cover/insert when I replace the headlight. Other than that I think things could of turned out much worst!

I think I hit mostly the soft portion of her body, between the last two ribs, and the hip.(Basically the hind quarter). I think the majority of the impact was taken by my bumper! As I felt like I just punched her, I called my girlfriends father that hunts deer all winter when possible to check it out, I'm assuming I at least broke her hip, and possibly killer her from internal bleeding if I hit the ribs!

Just thought I would share, so now after work I will be picking up a headlight and ordering the rest off ebay, and other online stores! About $100 worth of damage to fix myself.

Makes me wish I installed my 6" lift sooner as I probably would have ran her over with no body damage... But I drive 120 mile a day with my xj so until I get a new daily driver I will not installing it any time soon!

Anthony
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xj vs deer always wins . i had to replace my drivers side fender and grill . stupid deer .

my dad has hit 3 with his new 1-tonne now , twice it did no damage , the first time was 4000$ mostly because a quad went through the back window (that was with 2" wide straps on it . for a big truck it slows down fast haha .

i remember when my girl friend hit probably a 190 lbs buck in her Subaru justy , that was scary .
chrisgerman1983

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel your pain. i messed up the front of my cherokee the other day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: