Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!! 93' YJ running horrible and stalls!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samm95

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Help!! 93' YJ running horrible and stalls!! Reply with quote

Ok, a few months ago my heater core started leaking intermittenly. Seeing I haven't been driving it regulary, I didn't change it out immediately, and when I would drive it I would make sure there was coolant in the system. Last week I had to drive it a couple of days and after driving about 5 miles and stopping for gas on my way to work, I noticed steam coming from my radiator. I checked it out and discovered my radiator was leaking around the top. I waited for it to cool, opened the cap and saw there was still coolant in the radiator and overflow. I topped it off and drove the 5 miles back home.... very slowly and easy! The same night, after checking fluids again, I started it up and drove it to reposition it in my driveway, to work on it... no problem, started and ran fine! That night I changed the radiator and heater core, filled it back up and tryed to start it. It starts up, perfect for about 3 seconds then immediately " boggs down" runs very rough and almost stalls out, but I always cut it off before it stalls. The check engine light also comes on right before it almost stalls. I'm going to check the codes tonight , but I can not for the life of me understand what I did to cause this by changing the radiator and heater core??? I realize it might be a blown head gasket, but why did it run ok when I repositioned it in the driveway??

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pull the spark plugs they will be clean if you have a head gasket leak , the exhaust will also smell sweet .
Sykopro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you figure out what caused this problem seeing as I am now having a very similiar problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: