Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1995 lift question(s)!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: 1995 lift question(s)! Reply with quote

Hi,
Ok i own a 1995 Jeep cherokee sport. It has no lift on it right now, and to my nowing, it is all stocked.

My question is, I am looking at getting a 3" lift, But in not sure on what all i really need. some sites have more then others in there kits and all clam to be all you need, but im not sure. Im not plaining on going to hardcore with off-roading, I most likely will just keep to the woods like I do know, so I dont need nothing to crazy. also i heared on the rear end it is possible to just change out the rear leafs from a diffrent car, SO if anyone could help me on this please do Very Happy

ok, one more thing. After the lift, I plain on getting the 31x 10.50 tires. Will these tires fit on stock rims?

Sorry if some of this questions seem dumb, in new to working on cars and stuff.

thanks,
Todd
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Stupid! Mr. Green
This should cover the rear.

> Click Here <

stupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would that be easier then just getting a kit? I have been looking and i found this one so far,

http://www.rcjeepliftkits.com/products/XJ/Jeep_XJ_3in_lift_kit.html

i also would have to worry about the brakes right, so does this kit seem to be a good deal??

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/438003.html
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easyer , yes . free , no .

you pay for easy .

tough country makes a good little lift kit . you just relocate the steel lines on the front , don't totally straighten them out you still leave a small bend in them for vibration and movement .

the rear i just moved the bracket down .

2" you wont really have a problem
stupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well sadly in my case easyer is better even if it isnt free. I really dont have the time to do all that work and I dont want to risk messing anything up.

so really i guess my question is, does anyone know a good 3in lift kit for a 95 jeep cherokee sport? so far the best i have found, so i think is
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/438003.html
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting the kit as a whole is about the only thing that makes ordering the kit easier. If you order an add-a-leaf kit, you'll still have to do the same thing as you would with S10 springs, break open the leaf pack and add a leaf or two. The negative side of an add-a-leaf is that it will sag when broken in, while S10 springs are already broken in and will not sag over time. The only truely easier way would be to buy a kit that comes with the whole leaf packs, not just a single leaf. Again the new packs will sag over time. Like Brad said you can just relocate the brake lines (I used a stock rear line from a 95 YJ, it's a few inches longer than the XJ's) and should have no touble with the driveshafts. You may or may not have to address the front track bar, depending on how high you actually go. Up to 2" you'll be fine with stock sway bar links, over 2" and you'll have to get longer links (disconnect time). Mr. Green
stupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was thinking about a 3in lift, but is there really a big diffrences between a 3 and 2in lift? besides an 1in.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you go with 2", you can get away with coil spacers in the front. If you want 3", you'd need new coil springs. 2" would be cheaper, but modding these things can be addictive and you'll probably only want to go higher in the future. You'd be alright either way, as far as fitting 31's, of course 3" will give you 1more inch!
stupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much guys. I think I'll go with a 3in lift from tuff country, i found a guy near me who has lifted many trucks and such who said he could help me for a 24 pack of beer Wink so im taking him up on it.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you give him the beer after. drool

Mr. Green

stupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks, i didnt even think about that.

oh one more thing, how do u do the picture thing at the bottom of ur messages? with all ur jeeps
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally you go to the profile page and set your sig there. Currently that function isn't working. If you want to set a sig pic you'll have to PM Code3TJ.

http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13604

stupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh alright. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: