Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

clutch whine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamzski

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: clutch whine Reply with quote

my clutch is fine whenever its cold, but after driving for 5 or 10 miles or so, when ever the fluid gets warmed up, it makes a whine when depressing it, and if you do it slow enough, it "skips" as if you were running you finger across a glass table, i know, but its hard to explain. the clutch grabs fine, never slips, and always engages and disengages fine. It doesn't sound like a throw out, its been this way for 3 years and has not gotten any worse or better, the jeep now has 92K on it with the AX-15. I was going to try bleeding the system to see if it makes a difference, i thought it sounds like fluid entering a cylinder at a restricted mist rather then a stream. just wanted some ideas, as its been driving me crazy for ever and has to be bad for something other then my sanity.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
yourownself

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like your hyd. fluid might be heating up,
make sure your clutch line is where it should be.
also, it might be time to replace your slave cylinder.
might as well do the whole thing while you're in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: