Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Q?? on Deep sand

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Q?? on Deep sand Reply with quote

I am invited to join a few guys going to the sand dunes, they all have sandrails, knowing I can't keep up, but stated I would go in and camp anyway with them for a few days, but I have never been in deep sand, I know I have to air down to about 15 lbs on the wrangler, but any other hints ??or should I just stay the hell out? the camp spot is about three miles in DEEP sand. my wrangler is bone stock except the tires which are goodyear wrangler MT/R's any help would be greatly appreaciated, as of this writing, hardly any offroad experience in a Jeep, only ATV;s Thanks
________
no2 review

Last edited by cowboy on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

air dowen to like 8 psi, and get into the sand with some good speen and once you get in the sand, stay straight as possible and on the gas, dont stop.

BTW, where are you located in cali? i am up here in sacramento.
cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.9andy, am down near Temecula, Ca. and we wheel down close to Salton Sea, mostly hard but some soft sand however where I was going to follow some friends with sandrails is Glamis, mostly all deep sand dunes, but I decided I had better stay out of there !!!! Thanks anyway for the info
________
juggalos

Last edited by cowboy on Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
yourownself

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was in el centro for a while, and whenever i would go to superstition or glamis i would always air down to about 10psi, on my old 30" tires with paper thin sidewalls.

my only advice is to keep it in 2HI for the whoops, unless you don't like your teeth.

have fun in glamis, i'mpretty jealous!
djgbsbj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is off topic but are the goodyear wrangler tires good? I am thinking about getting some when mine were out. I want a/t though instead of m/t, but the should still bee about the same.
________
marijuana vaporizers
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: