Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

screamin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tt66240

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: screamin Reply with quote

well some of you know im new here and tryin to build up an old yj 2.5L that is really in decent shape just need lovin, my new dilema is a screamin noise coming from rite under the shift now suposingly the transmissiom is newly rebuilt so i changed the transmission mount and motor mounts , which were completely destroyed and in changing these mounts it has cut the noise down by about 80% but still sounds like something rubbing and it only happens when i touch the gas and putting it in four wheel drive stops it any body got a clue i would appreciate it

p.s. someone did mention to me it maybe the tranny needs to be shimmed
________
Jaguar X-Type

Last edited by tt66240 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
dodger889

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the bolts holding the bell housing to the motor ??? also check and see if the clutch slave is releasing properly!!
tt66240

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dodger but this is my first mechanic venture i have ever taken so i can check the bolts but how do you check the clutch slave and what is it
________
mexico city hotel

Last edited by tt66240 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
tt66240

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and another thing this noise now that the motor mounts and transmission mounts have been changed sounds like it may be coming out of the rear end some where but its only when i give the gas when i let off no noise and its like a winding noise
________
silversurfer reviews

Last edited by tt66240 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
dodger889

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on the bellhousing and you will see a cylinder on one side more than likely it on the driver side from there there is a shaft coming out that attaches to a arm going in the bellhousing, check there so be a little play in the direction that shaft runs. sorta loose front to back. If it's tight then the slave is not properly installed or something inside isn't right.( clutch is worn pressure plate has a problem. if any of the last thing seem to be a problem then either get someone to show you how to replace the the clutch and presure plate and get the flywheel resurfaced) here is after thought does this sound is heard at a rpm range with the motor or at a certain speed ?? to check the rpm direction find a long road not travel much and very slowly build speeed taking note when you hear the sound and at what rpm or speed it starts and if it is the same at the rpm or does it get worst has you build speed ???
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: