Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

turbo my jeeeep!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
helicoptermike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: turbo my jeeeep!? Reply with quote

ok guys, i purchased this thing. now i need expert advice.

i know what a turbo does and how it works, but when i get this thing in the mail, i want to have help from people who know more than i do. did a little research... so far it looks possible. my 94 4 lit. six has low comp. and other people who have done this say it did not require anything done to the computer. any thoughts you want to throw my way would be great. i just want to learn... -thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBTOX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180219459416&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI
jeepboi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am very intersted in this. I was talking to some of my buddies about doing this to my 96.
helicoptermike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets do it! Very Happy
badger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't do any thing to the computer hence nobody doing any thing to it.Though you will be putting more air into the engine so you will have to add more gas to go along with it.The only thing you can do with out major modifications will be placing an adjustable map sensor in as well as larger injectors.It looks like he is including injectors but they may not be the right size.

Have you asked yourself why it was installed then removed only a few months later?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
helicoptermike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is going to call me... he says he took it off because he needed the money. i was the only bidder. looks like he wanted a lot more for it. i'll be interested to know more about what i got!
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badger wrote:
Have you asked yourself why it was installed then removed only a few months later?

X2
helicoptermike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one of you done this before? wondering about fuel pump...
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the fuel pump ? should be fine .http://shop.505performance.com/product.sc?categoryId=15&productId=54

thats the best kit for a jeep . a turbo will be good for power , did you get the turbo ? did you check the end-play on it ? the shaft shouldn't move more then a couple thou . by the most expensive oil line you can for it , most semi's you see burned down on the side of the high way had the turbo oil line blow and blow hot oil all over a red hot turbo .

that turbo kit looks really slapped together its not a 505 .

i have been thinking about turbo'n the jeep but i don't want to run premium . it should be on a fairly fresh engine , i would get a newer intake manifold and a few other things .
helicoptermike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info, that is exactly the kind i was hooping to get. I should be getting the turbo in a week. i will check the implay. i know, it does not look like a 505. concerns me a bit. i just can't afford it... the guys says it does about 4 lbs of boost max, which is all i want. good info about oil line. he said it also comes with an intercooler, he said it was never installed. i was happy to hear that. i would like to install it. i just got new exuast, good timing! i was not expecting to turbo my xj- but looks like it's going to happen. engine has 111 on the clock.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: