Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another girl in need of some help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nic671

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Another girl in need of some help! Reply with quote

I wrecked my 89 XJ and I need a new front axle housing. I found one off of a 97, but i'm not sure if it will fit.

Does anyone know?
badger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a low pinion axle but will work.You will also get rid of the dreaded vacuum disconnect on yours with the switch.You will also get bigger axle joints.

Problems will be is it geared the same as yours since your gears will not work in the 97+ LP axle.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
berk9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just want to get things straight in my mind. badger are you saying that the 97 xj has low pinion or that the 89 is low because my 97 has a high pinion 30?????

Nic671 your saying that your looking for just a housing?as in your going to be swapping your old stuff into a new housing or just using what comes in the new one your looking at installing?

if both your old 30 and your new 30 are high pinion you could swap the old stuff in as long as nothing was bent from the wreck

badger would the above be correct. cus you would def know better than i would?

id donate you my recently taken out 30 housing to save you some money but its really hacked up
badger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was just getting up from sleeping .Yes the 97 would be HP. Sorry they didn't switch to Lp till late 99/2000.Don't know how I got that one wrong,lol it happens I guess.

As for swapping internals yes they would swap over.I would still use the latter axle shafts from the 97 and the carrier from the 97.If the ring gear doesn't match then use the 89 ring and pinion or buy a new set to match the rear.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: