Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil pressure gauge big fluctuation, electric window problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
basham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Oil pressure gauge big fluctuation, electric window problem Reply with quote

I have just bought a 1996 Cherokee sports auto 4.0 litre petrol, I have noticed the oil pressure gauge when idle is perfect for a time, then it starts moving about drops a bit then goes high . If i put over 3000 revs on it goes right off the scale on the high side. I have replaced the oil filter, and oil but still the same. The engine is sweet as a nut, now i have replaced a growling water pump. It sounds nicer than my newer Grand Cherokee, the other gauges work OK only thing removed is Radio when i bought it. Would you go for a new sender unit first. It is the just base model no extras like cruise or panels showing faults etc, but has had a fortune spent on it and is rock solid

Also on the drivers door there is a pad with the four window switches and the window lock unlock switch. Non of the windows worked then i waggled the rubber pipe where the wires come out of he door into the car and then they worked fine until i shut the door then nothing again, i waggled them again and at the moment they are working OK door open or closed. I am hope less with wiring does the power go to the lock unlock switch first then onto the window switches, do you think the wires going to the lock unlock could have broken in the rubber tube, any help appreciated Tony from the UK. basham
wafflesxoxo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem AFTER replacing my oil pressure sending unit. The way I thought about it, was that if the oil pressure was really that high, I would probably have blown a seal somewhere. So I replaced the sending unit again, this time with a Mopar part, and voila.. no more problems.
basham

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, sounds like the problem lies in the sender, I will get a new one ordered thanks every one , basham ( Tony)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: