Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mexirican

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: HELP!!! Reply with quote

Are there are any AZ people out there, I need your help. Well...my Cherokee just flaked out on me. I took it to Firestone because is was leaking water about as fast as I was putting it in there and my power steering was leaking also. They called me with some bad news. I need a new power steering pump, new high pressure hose, new water pump, and new upper and lower radiatos hoses. And when they were working on it, they said that the injectors were spraying fuel everywere. There were at least 3 or 4 leaking injectors. That problem just started happeneing cause I never experienced that one. But thats not the worst part. They want $2500 to fix everything. I have worked on cars before but never on Jeeps. Does anyone, in AZ, know of a good cheap garage that I could take it to? This is my daily so it is killing me to have it down. Thanks for your help.
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2500$ from a shop is normal for a shop , leaky injectors should just be new o-rings .

those are all fairly simple parts changes . you can do it with basic hand tools . pump lines may be hard to remove

75-90$/hr in a shop , it all takes time .

if your power steering pump ran out of oil and chunks of steel went into your hydraulic system then you should get new pressure hose and return and a new box because the shards of metal in beded in the lines will just grenade the little vain pump .

to bad the hole jeep isn't even worth 2500$
djgrayxj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Sticky: XJ Teck writeups from above

REPLACING THE WATER PUMP
http://jeepin.com/features/waterpump/index.asp

If your power steering pump is noisy replace it and the leaking houses at the same time.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just do it yourself and save a couple grand!!!
mexirican

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$250 in parts from Auto Zone. Im just gonna take some time and do it myself. If anyone knows of any other links that will help me in my install, please send them to me.

Thanks again for your help.
Dave
mexirican

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Just picked up the Jeep and the injectors are leaking...bad. The funny thing is that they are not leaking were they meet the head. Looks like they are leaking in the middle of the injector itself. The guy at Firestone said that with the milage i had, even if i was going to to the work myself, which I am, he would get new or remanufactured injectors. What are your opinions??? The Cherokee has 173,185 miles on it now.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: