Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

front dash speakers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: front dash speakers Reply with quote

Has anyone replaced their front dash speakers? If so, can you remove them without removing the whole dash? It doesn't look like the grilles can be removed without messing with the whole dash.
TheRo0sTer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did it without removing the entire dash. I tell you what I don't know if it was any easier and I dinged the panel up a little. It wasn't anything a ballpeen hammer didn't fix. Since Jeep used Studs the top 2 nuts are a pain to get off and back on. If you have little hands and small long arms you might be better off. You know if you want to make easier in the future you could drill holes through the dash and put nut plates on the speaker. Then you only have to unscrew the speaker and drop it out. Cool

Good luck!
Randomdude735

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Dash Speakers Reply with quote

I seem to remember the dash taking 4x6 speakers.
they have 4 nuts that hold each speaker in place.
Its best to have VERY small hands to get to some of them, I recommend a small child or an asian person to do it.
If you have large hands, your in for some cuts and scraping.
Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: