Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

s10 bastard pack with a twist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retardatwork

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: s10 bastard pack with a twist Reply with quote

I found this board when searching for s10 spring applications. I followed some of the links and read the posts on bastard packs and came up with these.S10 main with full xj pack underneath installed in my CJ7. I just found an XJ 44 last night at PnP and will be pulling it out in the next couple of hours. Its going to replace my cherokee dana 35 in my 91. I will start another thread for the build which is going to be really low budget as I just built that CJ. I'm going to try and use the same setup but might have to compensate for the length of the s10 spring with longer shackles. I already have old man emu 2" springs up front.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=368659&stc=1&d=1210095031

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=368661&stc=1&d=1210095164

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=362506&stc=1&d=1207007453
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Was that front right shock mount broke or just not attached yet? Keep posting updates.
retardatwork

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got it pulled out! It has 3.07 gears just like my front. The gears look great and it has a limited slip. I just realized that I have a non dico front end Very Happy . I thought being that it is a 91 it would have the disconnect. So what joints do you guys think I have?

The shock mounts were not welded up yet because that was the first time we were able to cycle everything.

I'm going to another pick n pull in the bay area to look for some junk yard 4:09/4:10 gears just for shits and giggles. Any suggestions on what to ask for when ordering new brake parts. When I called autozone they do not have the 44 listed for that year( 1987).

This cherokee is going to get cut!

P.S. how do I get my pictures to show up in the thread and not as links?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing your talking about the u-joints in the D30...if it has ABS they are 5-297x, all other XJ D30's (95 and older) have 5-260x.

How to post pictures

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retardatwork wrote:
I just realized that I have a non dico front end Very Happy . I thought being that it is a 91 it would have the disconnect.

Any suggestions on what to ask for when ordering new brake parts. When I called autozone they do not have the 44 listed for that year( 1987).

They stopped using the CAD in 91 , so some will have it and some won't.

You must have talked to the wrong person. Autozone and other part stores will be able to get you parts. If you ask for shoes they'll probably ask, what size, instead of what axle. Any other part should be listed by axle number.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: